Monday, August 4, 2008

A few days with our friends...

This last week my good friend Cecilee visited us for a few days with her three little girls. It got a bit crazy at times (with six kids five and under)but we had a lot of fun.

To the Zoo Again
 
Hopefully, you aren't all bored of zoo pictures because here are some more. We had such a good time at the zoo the first time that we went, so we decided to go with our friends as well. It was a little harder and hotter this time. The first time we went we had three kids and two adults and this time it was six kids and two adults. In the top left you see that Malachi built up the courage, unlike our last visit, to touch the snake (he looks a little nervous, though). Top right: Arianne, Lexie, and Jorden.

 
After the zoo we went to a little amusement park that is right next to the zoo. We let the kids ride this airplane ride. Lexie and Malachi rode together and Arianne and Ellie rode together. As you can see, Ellie was a little unsure as the ride started, but after she realized it wasn't getting any higher then she was fine with it.

Water Fun
 
We went to our ward primary activity on Saturday. Going form left to right. Picture 1: My friend Cecilee and her little three month old baby, Kamree. Picture 2: Ellie checking out her sack lunch. Picture 3: Malachi having fun, doing what he does best, throwing things at people (and he didn't even get in trouble). Picture 4: Arianne had to dry off every time she ran through the slip'n slide. Picture 5: Malachi running on the slip'n slide (he didn't want to slide even though he does it on our wood floors all of the time). Picture 6: Roger couldn't resist taking his turn on the slip'n slide, shoes and all. Picture 7: Malachi at the balloon toss. Picture 8: Ellie wandering around (she wasn't about to get wet). Picture 9: Lexie looking pretty.

I'm sad to announce that I might not have any pictures to post for a while, because my camera seems to be broken (the lens won't retract and so my camera won't take any pictures). And you know how fixing cameras go, it cost less to buy a new one. Anyway, we are now collecting sympathy funds so that we can buy a new camera (just kidding).

10 comments:

Betsey said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Rachel Seren said...

I am glad you guys had so much fun. It's always nice to do something out of the everyday!

Mindy said...

gald ellie is doing better... a year of antibiotics?! oh, dread! I dunno about the reunion... good luck with your camera catastrophe!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, except for the snake! I don't blame your son for being nervous, I hate them with a passion! Every time I see one, I almost pass out!!! But the other animals look fun!

Shayla said...

So, I still dont have your email! Those picts are really cute, so let me send them to you! K, hope you guys are having fun at your reunion!

idasale said...

I am so glad I found this! You guys look like you have been having so much fun this summer!! Explains why we haven't seen you much! But we need to get together before the summer is over and go to the splash park in Rexburg!!!

Shayla said...

Hey! So, I know you dont want to post without picts, so I think you should go over to Meg's and use her for her camera so I can see you a new post of your cuties & get an update! Sounds like a good plan, right? Well, hope you guys have a good couple more weeks, let's play when I get back!!

Emily M said...

What a great blog. You are a pro! How do you know Ralphie? We were in the same ward in Pittsburgh, so it was crazy to see her name on your blog (and there's only one Ralphie). Fun.

Ralphie said...

Hello there! Isn't it crazy? What a small world! I love you both so you're going to have a great time together.

You are going to love that camera. I could instantly see improvement in the quality of my pictures, even when I was shooting on auto.

I use Photoshop Elements. I highly recommend it. But be warned, there is a huge learning curve that will absorb a lot of your time. You will, however, love every minute of it!

Happy shooting!

Ralphie said...

Hi Annie. Nope, don't worry about "bugging me". I love to talk photography anytime/all the time. You are welcome to email me too: ralphieannatgmaildotcom.

I have the 50mm 1.8 lens and I LOVE it. Can't say enough about it. It's afforable, it gives you great depth of field and is perfect for those who don't like to use flash (me me me). In fact I didn't even bother buying the kit lens for my camera because I knew I wanted that one.

I can't wait to see how things go! Let me know if you have any more questions!